Federal and Louisiana Criminal Appeals
No one, and nothing, in this world is infallible, including our criminal justice system. Mistakes are made. Trial errors do occur. These trial errors may include, but are not limited to:
- The erroneous admission of evidence unlawfully obtained from an unreasonable search and seizure
- The erroneous admission of incompetent or otherwise unreliable testimony
- The erroneous admission of coerced or false confessions
- The erroneous admission of evidence of other crimes allegedly committed by the defendant
- The erroneous admission of expert testimony based upon faulty science
- Erroneous jury instructions
- The imposition of excessive or illegal sentences
If you, or a loved one, have been wrongly convicted of a crime, or received an excessive or illegal sentence in Baton Rouge, LA or East Baton Rouge Parish, then you are painfully aware that these errors occur. However, these errors can be remedied and need not go uncorrected. There is still hope. You have the right to appeal your conviction. Depending upon the nature and severity of the errors committed during your trial or sentencing, you may be entitled to have your conviction reversed, and your case remanded for a new trial, or to have your sentence vacated or modified.
Please let me help you. I have been practicing as a Criminal Appeals Attorney in Baton Rouge, LA for over 34 years. I am admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court, United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, Louisiana Supreme Court, and all Louisiana appellate courts. I understand the unique challenges presented in appellate work, including writing compelling briefs and making focused, coherent arguments within a limited time frame. I have successfully argued cases before the Louisiana Supreme Court and the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
If you believe that serious errors were committed during your trial, or that the sentenced imposed was excessive, illegal or unjust, then you must act very quickly to avoid losing your right to appeal your conviction or sentence. Don’t let those errors go uncorrected. Call me now at (225) 306-8881 to get help from a Criminal Appeals Attorney in East Baton Rouge Parish.
QUESTIONS? GET ANSWERS. CALL NOW