Stanley David E.
Founder and Principal
David Stanley is the founder and principal of David E. Stanley, APLC. Since 1983, Mr. Stanley has successfully practiced law from his office in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. He is a distinguished trial lawyer fiercely dedicated to representing individuals accused of committing serious or complex federal or state felony crimes, who desire to appeal their conviction or sentence to a federal or state appellate court, or those who have been catastrophically injured.
- Louisiana State Bar Association, 1983 – Present
- The National Trial Lawyers, 2016 – Present
- Louisiana State University,
Paul M. Hebert Law Center,
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- J.D. – 1983
- Louisiana State University
Baton Rouge, LA
- B.S., Bachelor of Science – 1979
- Major: Accounting
- State v. Murphy, 542 So. 2d 1373 (La. 5/1/1989)
- Ussery v. State of La. on Behalf of Louisiana Dept. of Health and Hospitals, 150 F.3d 431 (C.A.5 – 8/5/1998)
About Stanley David E.
Born, raised and educated in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Mr. Stanley earned a Bachelor of Science degree in accounting from Louisiana State University (1979) and a Juris Doctor from the Paul M. Hebert Law Center of Louisiana State University (1983). He is admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of Louisiana and all other appellate courts and district courts in Louisiana. Mr. Stanley is also admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of the United States, the United States Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit, and the United States District Courts for the Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of Louisiana. He has also been admitted to practice pro hac vice before the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas. Mr. Stanley has successfully argued cases before the Louisiana Supreme Court and the United States Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit.
Mr. Stanley is a member of the Louisiana State Bar Association. Recently, he became a Life Time Charter Member of Best Attorneys of America. He was also included in The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Criminal Defense Trial Lawyers for the year 2015. The American Society of Legal Advocates selected him has one of the Top 100 Criminal Defense Lawyers in the State of Louisiana in 2015. He also received the American Institute of Criminal Law Attorney’s 10 Best Client Satisfaction Award in 2015 and 2018. In 2013, Mr. Stanley was listed in The Legal Network Top Lawyers in Louisiana. For over 25 years, from 1989 to 2017, Mr. Stanley earned a BV Distinguished rating from Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings, which evaluates lawyers in the United States and Canada based upon peer view, which attests to a lawyer’s legal ability and professional ethics as reflected by the confidential opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary.
Mr. Stanley believes that we have the privilege of living and working in the greatest country the world has ever known, and we are truly blessed to call Louisiana home. Now 59 years of age, Mr. Stanley’s love for the people of Louisiana, and his enthusiasm for the law, continues to grow with each passing year. He feels truly blessed by the trust and confidence that his clients have placed in him for over 35 years.
Mr. Stanley’s approach to the practice of law is simple. He is a tireless worker committed to obtaining justice for his clients and the best possible outcome in their case. In his law practice, he is thorough and he pays close attention to detail. He cares deeply about his clients and their legal problems. He treats every client with dignity, respect and compassion. He is committed to personally working with each client to quickly and efficiently resolve their legal problems so that they may resume their normal activities as soon as possible. His objective in every case is to provide excellent client service and the highest level of client satisfaction.
As your lawyer, Mr. Stanley will listen carefully to you regarding the details of your case, your concerns, your goals and your objectives. He will assess your situation, identify the issues in your case, explain the law to you and clearly communicate the legal options available to you. He will work with you to develop an action plan to help you achieve your goals and objectives. In court, he will stand side by side with you and aggressively fight for you to achieve your objectives.
In his personal life, Mr. Stanley is a devoted husband and father. He and his wife, Debbie, have been married for over 30 years, and they have been blessed with four wonderful children and four beautiful grandchildren. He is an avid LSU sports fan. He loves music and plays both piano and guitar. He also enjoys offshore saltwater fishing, duck hunting, outdoor cooking, coaching youth basketball and baseball, and traveling with his family.
- Louisiana, 1983
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1983
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Louisiana, 1985
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Louisiana, 1983
- U.S. District Court Western District of Louisiana, 1986
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1987
- U.S. Tax Court, 1984
- Supreme Court of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas, pro hac vice
- Life Time Charter Member of Best Attorneys of America, 2018
- Top 100 Criminal Defense Trial Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers, 2015 – Present
- American Institute of Criminal Law Attorney’s 10 Best Client Satisfaction Award, 2015, 2018
- Top 100 Criminal Defense Lawyers In Louisiana, American Society of Legal Advocates, 2015
- Client Distinction Award, Martindale-Hubbell, 2015
- BV Rated, Martindale-Hubbell, 1989 – Present
- Top 100 Criminal Defense Lawyers in Louisiana, American Society of Legal Advocates, 2014
- Named to Expertise Top 20 Best Car Accident Lawyers in Baton Rouge List, 2019 & 2020
Urgent Legal Advice For Your Defense
- Same-day response to your phone calls 24/7/365
- Emergency same-day, after-hours and weekend appointments upon request
- Thorough case evaluations and strategic counsel from the very first consultation