David E. Stanley: An Attorney Who Deals with Auto Accidents in Baton Rouge, LA Every Day
Despite how carefully you drive and how strictly you adhere to the rules of the road, you can’t make others do the same. Therefore, you could easily find yourself in a situation where you are unable to avoid a collision. Whether you’ve been involved in a rear-end, side, or head-on collision, you’re likely still reeling from the experience itself, dealing with the aftermath of your injuries, and looking for answers to a number of questions; David E. Stanley is an auto accident attorney in Baton Rouge, LA who has the answers.
Where to Turn After an Auto Accident in Baton Rouge, LA
If you’ve been injured as the result of someone else’s carelessness or negligence while driving, then you deserve compensation for all of the costs associated with the collision, including medical bills, lost wages, and vehicle repair bills. In order to ensure that you get what you’re entitled to, your first step should be to retain an experienced, knowledgeable attorney—one who will stick by your side throughout the entire process, navigate and simplify the technical legalities you’re bound to face, and eliminate as much of your stress as possible along the way.
Don’t Deal with the At-Fault Party’s Insurance Company After an Auto Accident in Baton Rouge, LA; Have Your Attorney do it Instead
Providing an honest account of your side of the story to an at-fault party’s insurance company after an accident will not only put you in danger of being manipulated into saying something which could later be used against you, but also put you in danger of being manipulated into accepting an unfair settlement that won’t even begin to cover all of the losses you’ve experienced as a result of the collision. Facing an insurance company on your own, without the assistance of an attorney in Baton Rouge, LA, will not only detrimentally impact your claim, but also prove to be an emotionally and mentally exhausting process; this is the very last thing you need while trying to recover from the mental and physical toll of the auto accident itself.
Insurance companies—not just in Baton Rouge, LA, but across the nation—aim to pay injured parties as little as they can; one way they try to accomplish this is by speaking to injured parties before they’ve had a chance to find proper representation by an attorney who has expertise in dealing with auto accident claims and insurance adjusters. Don’t be fooled by their friendly demeanor on the telephone; don’t even get on the telephone with them until you’ve consulted with your attorney and been advised on the wisest steps moving forward with your claim. In all likelihood, you’ll never have to speak with the at-fault party’s insurance company because your attorney will simply handle it for you. By anticipating an insurance adjuster’s every move, seeing through their manipulative tactics, countering their arguments with ones that are stronger and more effective, and refusing to settle for less than what you deserve, your attorney will be able to obtain the maximum amount of compensation possible.
Proving Fault in a Baton Rouge, LA Auto Accident Case, and How an Attorney Can Help
The process of proving fault in a Baton Rouge, LA auto accident case is crucial to obtaining the compensation you need, and one of the areas in which your attorney will be able to serve you best. These types of cases can get complex, and in order to handle them wisely, timely, and with as little runaround as possible, you’ll need the help of someone who has a lengthy legal background and a proven record of success in handling these cases.
In order to determine who was at fault for an auto accident, the factors that played a role in the accident must first be determined and clearly defined. If it turns out that more than one individual was responsible for causing the factors which led to the auto accident, then you could be entitled to receive an even greater amount of compensation. Depending on the circumstances specific to your case, your Baton Rouge, LA attorney may investigate any number of the following contributing factors:
- Weather and road conditions – If a defect on a city street or state highway contributed to the accident, then you could seek compensation from the government agency that failed to repair that defect.
- Construction near a roadway – Construction projects taking place near roadways are common causes of accidents, whether due to a construction worker’s carelessness, the construction company’s failure to consider certain dangers or post warning sings for drivers, or a piece of equipment obstructing part of a roadway.
- Distracted or intoxicated driving – Distracted driving is one of the most common causes of car accidents, and intoxicated driving usually results in a charge of gross negligence against the at-fault individual.
- Failing to obey the rules of the road—Whether a driver carelessly switches lanes, runs through a red light, or simply speeds on the roadway, they will be held responsible for the damages and injuries that result.
Identifying the factors that contributed to your accident and proving fault on behalf of the correct individuals or agencies are processes that require thorough, careful, yet prompt investigation. Since auto accident cases depend heavily on the details of the environment in which they occurred, an experienced auto accident attorney will understand the importance of moving quickly to obtain evidence before that evidence has been moved, destroyed, or otherwise made inaccessible. Proving an auto accident claim in Baton Rouge, LA typically requires taking some or all of the following steps:
- Identifying and collecting contact information from anyone who witnessed the accident
- Taking pictures of the scene of the accident and locating nearby surveillance cameras that may have captured the incident on video
- Obtaining copies of all documentation related to the accident, including medical records detailing the injuries associated with the accident, police reports, and service bills for vehicle damage
QUESTIONS? GET ANSWERS. CALL NOW